Shah Latif `s Poetry (Translated In Verse By: Elsa Kazi) Sasui: Desi-XVI (The Native)

1
I careless was first part of night;so morning brought despair-For while I slept my rider-spousefor travel did repair;For my destruction to prepareat mid-night they did leave.
2
O mountain-, that does stand betweenmy love and me, thy threat is vain-Had there a thousand mountains beenmy longing would have crossed them all.
3
The sacred knot that love has tiedbetween Punhu and me...Now in beauteous Bhambore to stayPoison for me shall be...Do not advise me sisters, toreturn to home and glee;Because my breath is propertyof my beloved Hoat.
4With linging I lay down, with eyesawake and found no slept, he cameand then I could not rise-Sisters I erred, for in what wiseis longing kin to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment